A Blog? Really?
Yes, Really. It feels like in today's world everyone and their mother and their mother's mother is trying to get healthier and get in shape, and they all have an opinion of how to do it. There are MILLIONS of different ways to do it and everyone says that their way is the best "You should do this" or "this is the number one way to lose 20 pounds in 2 weeks". We see adds everywhere saying "Do You Want To Get Thin Fast?" and there are countless doctor shows and talk shows telling us what we should do to be healthy.But if we followed ALL of that advice then we would be taking this everyday...

<NOT EVERYTHING WORKS FOR EVERYONE>
That is going to be the motto behind this journey. Just because something works for me, doesn't mean it will work for you. I am not here to say "Oh look at me doing what I am doing. If you do EXACTLY what I do you will get skinny too!!" I AM here to tell you that if you find motivation and encourage form this then perfect. If there is something on here that truly does work for YOU, then that's amazing, and even if there is nothing on here that helps you, but you just like my satirical personality and how I talk (or type I guess) then that is perfectly okay too! There are so many people out there that tell us that we need to look like this...
LADIES: YOU DO NOT NEED TO LOOK LIKE THIS TO BE BEAUTIFUL!!!
We are human beings. We are all shaped differently and THAT IS OKAY!
Step 1 to getting to the you that you want to be is accepting that you are BEAUTIFUL just the way you are now. You don't NEED to change. No one can tell you that you HAVE to change. Only you can decide that you WANT to change.
Step 1 is the hardest in anything we do. It took me a long time to love myself. (now for some background on me). How I talk probably makes you think that I might be overweight. I am not, nor have I ever been. I am 5 foot and 1 inch tall and I weigh 130 pounds. I am "thin" among most peoples standards. But I grew up in a family that was all overweight but me. I know what it looks like when someone hates how they look and feels ugly. I used to be called the Fed-Ex baby by my classmates, because no one could understand how I was so thin when my family wasn't.I took this step, because I want to do something for myself. I want to be healthier and happier. I want to take care of my mind, body and soul so that the life I live is full and happy.
The trick to step 1 is NO HATING. ON ANYONE. I know it is easy to look at someone walking down the street that has your dream body and wish him/her poorly or be pissed off for some reason. It is easy to call the skinny girls with the thigh gaps slutty because....well just because. And it is easy to look at someone heavier than you or someone you think isnt as nice looking as you and think "haha I win!" But that is bad karma. BAD JUJU!! Everyone is different. Everyone is beautiful. Wish all people well on all journeys and walks of life. Don't say how much you hate working out or hate the food you have to eat to be healthy. It may be easy, but that is only going to set you back in life and in your goals. It did for me.
I was picked on a lot as a kid, and for me being judgmental was easy because others were judgmental of me. But then I realized how that was just poisoning my life. I rose above it. I learned to try to love all people. Value all Life and appreciate the little things. That lead me to the path of loving myself. Because when you can look at a stranger and feel a fondness for another random human being, just because they are a life...Then its a hell of a lot easier to love yourself! At least in my opinion.

No comments:
Post a Comment